Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For Her

September 11, 2008

I'm always fear I will wake up only to read
That your fire which once
Burned with the brightest light
Has given up the fight

Sometimes I am afraid
You'll not come home
And the world will be left to wonder
Where you now roam

Sometimes I feel ill
As I sit here next to my fear
And all my own demons
I wish sometimes I didn't have to understand

Sometimes I don't know
Why, oh why can't I...
Be there for you when you're scared
Be there for you when you're hurt
Be there for you when you're not

Sometimes I am afraid
Of what you will do...
And your star will fall not knowing
How much we all love you.

Is this what it looks like
When a star falls down?
After putting the damage on
for far too many years?
Is this what it looks like
When a star falls down?

Your life's song isn't yet sung
Somewhere over the rainbow it lies

It's hard not knowing what I should say
When your eyes, so inquisitive
Think I hold the answers
"Birds fly over the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?"

I can only tell you
These shaking hands don't always know
But I can show you and love you
I'll be at your side, I will hold your hand

Through this hell
And all of it's fury
I'll be at your side
If only you'd let me

No comments:

Post a Comment